Cary and Raleigh Autism Specialists
Learn with the Best School is a Raleigh, NC (formerly Cary, NC) based K-12 private school that specializes in working with students with pervasive developmental disorders (PDD/PDD-NOS) on all ends of the Autism spectrum as well as Down Syndrome, ADD, ADHD, social anxiety, developmental delays, learning disabilities, sensory processing disorders and other types of cognitive and genetic disabilities.
Low Student - Teacher Ratio
We provide individualized one-on-one and small group instruction designed to enhance student performance by tailoring academic and social skills instruction to each child's unique strengths and needs. Our low student-teacher ratio ensures that all of our students are active learners and make progress in all areas of their lives.
Elementary School Classrooms
- Currently we have two types of elementary classrooms to enable our school to serve all types of learners.
- Elementary Intensive Communication and Academic / Social Instruction:
This class is for students who are both verbal and nonverbal who struggle with academic, social and communication demands.
- Elementary Communication and Academic / Social Instruction:
This class is for students who struggle with academic, social and communication demands.
- Elementary Academic / Social Instruction:
This class is for students who are on a common core path but who have mild struggles with academics and social skills.
Two Middle - High School Classrooms
- We also have two middle / high school classrooms with a diverse staff to accommodate students with all types of learning, communication and social needs.
- Academy Middle / High School program:
This program is closely based on the Common Core standards and NC Standard Course of Study with both group and individualized curriculum that is modified to ensure comprehension of academic concepts. Social skills instruction is also imbedded into the school day along with electives and curriculum assistance as needed.
- Life Skills and Occupational Middle / High program:
This class is for students who are both verbal and non-verbal and provides functional academics, communication skills, social skills and a transitional life skills curriculum to prepare students for life after school.
|Our school year operates from 9:00am - 3:00pm on a 10 month calendar starting at the end of August and finishing at the end of June each year.|
What People Are Saying About Our School